This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
1. Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
2. Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and the “safe-in-six” model. Completes related reports as required.
3. Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
4. Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
5. Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
6. Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
7. Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action.
8. Attends all staff meetings and in-service training.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
• Values - Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
• Decision Making - Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
• Quality Results - Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
• Self-Development - Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $9.00
- Max Hiring Rate $10.00
- Northpark YMCA, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America