This posting is inactive.
William M. McDonald YMCA, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth Employment Application
Looking for a rewarding job that builds confidence in people of all ages? The McDonald Southeast YMCA is looking for a cause-driven individual to serve as a swim instructor for our summer swim lesson program!
• Instructors should have an aquatic background including certifications in Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid.
• Instructors must complete YMCA aquatic training as directed by the operating promises put forth by the YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth.
• Instructors must be knowledgeable of all rules and regulations related to the use of the aquatic facilities in accordance with the Aquatic Handbook.
• Swim instructors must know and be able to correctly demonstrate and assess all swim skills, both on deck and in the water. Instructors should be able to motivate, evaluate, and communicate with participants.
• Conduct classes in accordance with National YMCA programs.
• Create and implement lesson plans that develop skills, personal growth, leadership, cooperation with others, and appreciation for individual differences. Modify and update as needed.
• Improve personal and professional growth through study and attendance at appropriate training sessions.
• Maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance while on duty.
• Follow established procedures for instructing as outlined in the Aquatic Handbook and training.
• Do not assume any activity that would cause you to be distracted from watching the participants.
• Know and follow the correct procedures for handling emergencies and accidents.
• Communicate student progress to swimmers and/or parents.
• Maintain accurate records, including attendance, skill sheets, certificates or cards, and evaluation sheets.
• Keep the pool area neat by keeping all pool equipment out of the path of traffic and immediately reporting any problems (such as unclean or hazardous areas) to maintenance.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is
understood that the employee will also perform other reasonable
association duties and will be responsible for implementation of the
policies, procedures and standards established by the Metropolitan
Board, the branch Board of Managers and the Association Leadership. Job
descriptions are reviewed periodically and may be revised at the
discretion of management. This job description is not a written or
Min Hiring Rate