Outflow Lift Operator
Visionworks is currently recruiting for a qualified, experienced and team oriented individual to join our team as a Lift Operator. The Lift Operator will perform basic warehousing duties, to include operation of multiple lift truck types in both picking and stocking of assorted products. Ideal candidate will be able to perform duties via manual documents or computerized devices in accordance with established operational and inventory control procedures. All associates will receive training to ensure mastery of specific skill sets with an emphasis on Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Unload /move pallets, skids, boxes and containers using electric fork lift, cherry picker or pallet jack.
- Move product from one location to another location safely and securely using fork lift controls and toggles.
- Perform routine inspection on the fork lift to ensure it is capable of performing the job. (Daily Checklist)
- Strict adherence of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including safety harness at all times.
- Comprehensive understanding of warehouse documents, labels, computerized scanners, personal computers, calculator and printing devices.
- Verify accuracy of product rack/bin locations.
- Input/scan stock items into computer.
- Mark inventory codes on goods using proper labeling. (Visual Management)
- Assist with training new hires and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to communicate and escalate with peers and principles.
- Ensure and maintain the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and overall facility.
- Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work place environment.
- Ability to meet or exceed established production goals within a set deadline.
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Zero to three (3) years of related distribution experience preferred
- Familiar with General Warehouse Practices
- Experience with Island Pacific Merchandising and Warehouse Data Base Systems
- Basic problem solving skills. Ability to perform repetitive task for a long period of time
Visionworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. With regard to all employment practices, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or current military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local law. We strive to employ and promote only those applicants and employees who are best suited for open positions and who possess the necessary skills, education and qualifications for the job.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6601 Guada Coma Dr, Schertz, TX 78154, USA