Finish Tech, Assembly - PM
We currently have an opening for a friendly, dedicated, team and goal oriented individual at our Manufacturing Facility for the position of Assembly Tech. The Assembly Tech verifies all lens options have been properly applied. Ensures the correct color, shade and gradient of tint is applied according to the request. Ensures proper documentation of safety eyewear. Inserts lenses into selected frame using hand tools and ensures the eyewear passes a quick cosmetic check. Performs other support functions within the assembly area to include basic upkeep of the area.
- Prioritize tray processing flow as dictated by tray color and priority sticker.
- Properly insert/secure lenses, visually align, set and torque small eyeglass screws.
- Adjust frames (heat/cool) and complete 4 point alignment.
- Use seg aligner to ensure that multifocal are properly aligned.
- Verify all lens options (tint, ultraviolet, edge, polish and safety stamp) have been applied.
- Complete cleaning and cosmetic inspection of all eyewear.
- Place completed tray in proper color coded areas located on work bench for further processing.
- Ability to perform basic edging equipment troubleshooting.
- Understand the validation and documentation process for Z87 safety eyewear.
- Ability to communicate and escalate with peers and principles.
- Apply lens treatments as requested.
- Ensure and maintain the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and overall facility.
- Practice and comply with all requirements of our Quality Management System (QMS), as well as regulations promoting a safe and healthy work place environment.
Education, Experience & Background:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience preferred
- One to three (3) years of related manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to read English to understand written procedures, hazardous warning, etc.
- Ability to think logically in following procedures and instructions
- General problem solving abilities
Visionworks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or disabled veteran, or any other status protected by Federal, state or local law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 6601 Guada Coma Dr, Schertz, TX 78154, USA