Versant Health bringing you Davis Vision and Superior Vision is a leading provider of vision and eye health solutions. We offer a full spectrum of services in the vision care marketplace. Our mission is very real to our members: we help them enjoy the wonders of sight through healthy eyes and vision. What you do as a Versant Health Associate matters. 33 million Americans count on us to provide access to annual eye exams and corrective eyewear. We are here to change the face of vision care, and together we will make this happen.
We are dedicated to you– we provide a professional work environment, competitive benefits, equal opportunities and potential to grow with us. We guide you to what’s right for you- as leaders in the industry, we guide and coach Associates to give them opportunities to reach their full professional potential. We think ahead for you- you’ll enjoy a variety of benefits for those times when you need extra support.
Scope and Purpose of Position
The Salesforce Administrator will lead the ongoing development of our salesforce.com deployment. The administrator will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify develop and deploy our core program business processes. This role is part technical project manager, part administrator and part Salesforce analyst. The Salesforce Administrator will be solely responsible for the executing of the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform.
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce.com environment
- Handle all administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Creating workflows, formula fields, roll up summary fields, assignment rules, roles, profiles, settings etc., including coding and testing new programs and existing program changes.
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors and the application development teams
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements
- Assist in training new associates both within department and within business units, and grow the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization
- Work with application developers, administrator and infrastructure teams to identify challenges and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and apply advanced Salesforce functionality to solve business problems
- Develop integration processes using Salesforce Web Services API.
- Create and Update Data Models, Custom Objects, Forms, Functions and Workflow.
- Complete all required documentation to meet department standards.
Education & Experience
- Preferred bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent combination or experience and education
- Five (5) plus years of SFDC development experience on the Salesforce platform
- Experience with Lightning, Angular JS, APEX, Visualforce , Salesforce.com, and Force.com
- Hands on experience working with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with REST
- Documentum experience is a plus
- SFDC Certification is a plus
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or disabled veteran, or any other status protected by Federal, state or local law.
If you are prohibited from working on a government contract, this may disqualify you from consideration for this position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA