Corporate Communications Specialist
Corporate Communications Specialist
Versant Health bringing you Davis Vision and Superior Vision is a leading provider of vision and eye health solutions. We offer a full spectrum of services in the vision care marketplace. Our mission is very real to our members: we help them enjoy the wonders of sight through healthy eyes and vision. What you do as a Versant Health Associate matters. 33 million Americans count on us to provide access to annual eye exams and corrective eyewear. We are here to change the face of vision care, and together we will make this happen.
We are dedicated to you– we provide a professional work environment, competitive benefits, equal opportunities and potential to grow with us. We guide you to what’s right for you- as leaders in the industry, we guide and coach Associates to give them opportunities to reach their full professional potential. We think ahead for you- you’ll enjoy a variety of benefits for those times when you need extra support.
Scope and Purpose of Position
The Corporate Communications Specialist will be responsible for developing and executing and internal communication plan to Versant Health associates in partnership with Human Resources. The Specialist will ensure that Brand integrity is maintained for associate communications in terms of design, voice, and content. The Specialist will collaborate with the Marketing Team to develop a testing plan to learn which communications resonate with our staff.
- Design, write, and implement communications campaigns, using intranet, email, print collateral and presentations that are in line with the Versant Health brand, position, and strategic message. Communications will be designed to to engage, motivate and align employees with the goals of the company’s values.
- Maintain intranet coordinating closely with Human Resources and other business unites to secure content, rewrite appropriate for audience, and gain approval from the subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with counterparts on the media relations, marketing, and in other functional areas to ensure that relevant communications are shared with internal audiences. Works with colleagues to repurpose content developed for external audiences, like white papers, collateral, videos for internal educational purposes.
- Lead/run video recordings to deliver corporate messaging best delivered via recordings.
- Coordinate and execute associate messaging campaigns.
- Write and maintain content for intranet pages, ensuring they adhere to brand guidelines. Provide art direction to intranet owners.
- Work with in-house agency for additional support in designing and writing communications.
- Manage and execute ad-hoc communications projects as needed intended for internal audiences ensuring they are in alignment with other corporate communications.
- Establish metrics that help us understand how best to communicate with our associates.
- Work closely with HR on employee engagement activities, specifically the communications component to support Vision2Learn, on-site events, etc.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, or Journalism
- 2+ years of experience in corporate communications
- Knowledge and experience in the insurance, health, or vision care industry, preferred but not required
- Experience with print production and proof process, ensuring error-free final content
- Experience in producing copy for digital and print media
- Experience creating original work and developing written ideas in brand voice that is cohesive, persuasive and informative
- Results driven and able to work independently to achieve set goals in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable interacting with a variety of stakeholders (e.g., Media Relations, in house Agency, and Human Resources)
- Strong project management skills
- Effective and clear written and verbal communication a must-have. Please provide writing samples.
- Self-motivated and directed with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to be flexible and work under changing priorities
- Exceptional writing and editing skills (required), Please provide writing samples.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (required)
- SharePoint (preferred)
- Proficient with Sharepoint (preferred)
- Proficient with email delivery tools like Pardot (preferred)
- Proficient with Adobe products including Acrobat and Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Premiere)
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or disabled veteran, or any other status protected by Federal, state or local law.
If you are prohibited from working on a government contract, this may disqualify you from consideration for this position
- Pay Type Hourly
- Linthicum Heights, MD 21090, USA