Logistics Coordinator - Downhole Products
Downhole Products designs, manufactures, and services application specific casing accessories and cementing tools for the Oil and Gas industries. Our proprietary design capabilities, efficient manufacturing, and global sales force uniquely position us to provide reliable completion solutions faster than anyone else. We are a customer focused company with an innovative team conducting business in a responsible manner with a passion to win.
Summary: Manage the logistics for DHP Western Hemisphere Operations including international logistics (air & sea), domestic logistics (Hot Shot, LTL and Truckload),
customs clearance processing, trade compliance and all other tasks designated by Management. Assist with warehouse operations including pulling orders, receiving of shipments from suppliers, completion processing of equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee logistics and customs requirements for goods incoming from international locations.
- Work with freight forwarders to ensure smooth shipping process for international shipments
- Update the sales team on incoming shipments and dates expected
- Complete paperwork for outgoing shipments for domestic and international customers ensuring customs and trade compliance is adhered to
- Serve as company representative in corporate trade compliance team
- Review and analyze freight costs with Management to monitor profitability and costs
- Work with LTL and truckload freight vendors for domestic freight requirements and assist with negotiations of rates with those suppliers
- Assist with warehouse operations and shipping and receiving as necessary including operation of forklift – both standard sit down models as well as narrow aisle stand up model
- Follow and promote the policies of VIES, Employee and EHS policies.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to your Department Manager or a EHS committee member immediately.
- Always utilize correct PPE and required equipment as per VIES policies.
Education and/or Experience:
High School/GED diploma, college degree preferred, with two to five years in international
logistics, customs and trade compliance and/or training; or combination of education and experience.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Varel International Energy Services.
Varel International Energy Services participates in the E-Verify program. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
- 4730 Consulate Plaza Dr #190, Houston, TX 77032, USA