Accounting Analyst - Varel International Energy Services
Summary: Obtains financial data for use in maintaining accounting records by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, funds disbursed, and totals accounts, through computer transactions, as well as journal entries.
- Computes and records charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
- Types vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records.
- Assists vendors in solving disputes.
- Performs end-of-month duties, as assigned, which includes journal entries, accounting schedules, and account reconciliations.
- Account for cash transactions, as well as cash forecast schedules for manufacturing operations.
- Responsible for filing state taxes for multiple states, as well as calculated payments.
- Assists with special projects/initiatives as needed.
- Follow and promote the policies of VIES, Employee and EHS policies.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to your Department Manager or a EHS committee member immediately.
Always utilize correct PPE and required equipment as per VIES policies.
Education and/or Experience:
Degree in Accounting. One year work experience in accounting.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Varel International Energy Services.
Varel International Energy Services participates in the E-Verify program. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
- 1625 W Crosby Rd, Carrollton, TX 75006, USA