Senior Financial Analyst -Varel Mining and Industrial
Varel Mining and Industrial manufactures and services application specific roller cone bits for the Mining and Construction industries. Our proprietary design capabilities, efficient manufacturing, and global sales force uniquely position us to provide reliable drilling solutions faster than anyone else. We are a customer focused company with an innovative team conducting business in a responsible manner with a passion to win.
Summary: The Senior Financial Analyst will provide support for the strategic financial planning process, including financial and operational planning and analytics benchmarked against Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as well as the execution of the financial accounting close process and analytics to improve operational and financial effectiveness of the Varel Mining & Industrial Business Unit. Perform detailed analysis on the business units operational, financial, and operational activities to identify tactical and strategic opportunities for the business unit to optimize financial results. Prepare detailed reports to interpret the results of the analysis and make recommendations to executive management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Build and/or update calendar year budgets, 15 month rolling forecasts, and articulate the rationale of variances between actual results and planning schedules;
- Monitor/Manage workload of Guadalajara BSC Team (Accounts Payable (1), Accounts Receivable (1), and General Accountant (1) to make sure that transactions are being processed on a timely basis and processed with company high quality standards;
- Prepare standard and accrual journal entries to facilitate to the monthly accounting close process; review costs and expenses and perform cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or programs;
- Create and maintain financial and operational reports related to forecasts, trend analysis, to facilitate management decision making and the preparation of accurate business unit reporting financial statements.
- Record, classify, and summarize financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and IFRS Financial Reporting Standards;
- Utilize SAP and other proprietary and off the shelf accounting systems to create data sheets, that will be utilized to analyze financial and operational performance;
- Perform statistical, and financial analysis of data reported in the various accounting systems;
- Perform account reconciliations and data validation exercises to improve accounting close integrity, financial reporting, and management decision making;
- Prepare and Update the monthly financial and operational scorecard for the executive management team;
- Prepare supporting schedules and respond to information requests from external auditors during the annual audit period;
- Verify documents for completeness and compliance with government and private agencies;
- Provide analytical support to the Business Unit Controller related to International Transfer Pricing, International Tax structuring, and State and Local Taxes in the United States;
- Provide assistance on special projects as needed by the Controller, President and/or other members of the executive staff;
- Track and prepare analysis of global inventory movement of for roller-cone and hammer percussion products;
- Prepare fixed asset listing and reconciles to the general ledger and all other PP&E reports as required. Ensure that each asset has been tagged and recorded;
- Adhere to the Company Employee Code of Conduct as well as the Environmental, Health, and Safety policies of the organization;
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to your Department Manager or an EHS committee member immediately; and
- Enforce Property Plant and Equipment policies per company standards.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) (or equivalent in accounting, finance, economics, and/or business analytics);
- At least five years of full time experience;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite – Excel Skills – data mining, modeling, etc.; along with the ability to utilize Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Visio as needed;
- Ability to interface with an Enterprise Resource Planning system (SAP) and other proprietary and off the shelf systems to query, download information, and run financial reports for analysis, financial reporting, and management decision making purposes;
- Must be a self-starter, who will, once trained, complete tasks with minimal supervision; and
- Must demonstrate characteristics of a team player
- Candidate with direct or indirect finance and/or accounting experience in organizations with significant global finance operations; experience in energy, oilfield services, utilities, mining and/or manufacturing would be a plus; experience in financial analysis, cost/process management and financial controls would also be a plus;
- Candidate with a Master of Business Administration (MBA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), and/or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) would be a plus; and
- Candidate with demonstrated leadership skills; candidate who has the capability to mentor others (as the organization grows), and embraces being mentored by executives of the organization.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Varel International Energy Services.
- 1625 W Crosby Rd, Carrollton, TX 75006, USA