Research Engineer - Varel Mining and Industrial
Varel Mining and Industrial manufactures and services application specific roller cone bits for the Mining and Construction industries. Our proprietary design capabilities, efficient manufacturing, and global sales force uniquely position us to provide reliable drilling solutions faster than anyone else. We are a customer focused company with an innovative team conducting business in a responsible manner with a passion to win.
Summary: Designs and directs installation of mechanical or electromechanical products or plant systems by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains an awareness of industry developments through conferences, technical papers, patents, periodicals, and trade shows.
- Participates in and provides technical direction for long term planning of product and system development.
- Prepares or directs preparation of designs, detail drawings, and schematics for test machines, fixtures, mock ups, and samples.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Prepare and present findings and recommendations orally and in writing.
- Monitors the performance of products through analysis of returned products and initiates corrective action when required.
- Prepares and reviews patent disclosures and makes recommendations regarding same to executive management.
- Renders disposition of discrepant products and processes.
- Ongoing examination and evaluation of existing Varel technology.
- Ongoing benchmarking of Varel technology vs. Industry competitors.
- Development of new technology (materials and concepts).
- Use FEA, CFD, DOE, and other similar tools in the analysis and development of new technology as described.
- Follow and promote the policies of VIES, Employee and EHS policies.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to your Department Manager or a EHS committee member immediately.
- Always utilize correct PPE and required equipment as per VIES policies.
Education and/or Experience:
Master of Science (M.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field. At least two years Industry or Academic experience in area of research focus.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Varel International Energy Services.
- 1625 W Crosby Rd, Carrollton, TX 75006, USA