QC Cutter Inspector - Varel Oil & Gas Drill Bits
Varel Oil & Gas Drill Bits manufactures and services application specific roller cone and fixed cutter drill bits. Our proprietary design capabilities, efficient manufacturing, and global sales force uniquely position us to provide reliable drilling and completion solutions faster than anyone else. We are a customer focused company with an innovative team conducting business in a responsible manner with a passion to win.
Summary: The Cutter Inspector is a function of Quality Control and responsible for reviewing, inspecting, and processing new or used cutters for use in PDC bits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and enforce activities to ensure continuous control over material from receipt through shipment.
- Inspect PDC cutters in accordance with documented and verbal instruction.
- Use a microscope, eddy tester, and other associated tools during inspections.
- Verify accuracy of all associated inspection equipment for conformance with calibration program.
- Analyze statistical data.
- Develop reports and charts for reporting to management.
- Maintain a NDE Level II certification for dye-penetrant inspection.
- Occasional travel for related activities at other company locations.
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and business systems software.
- Follow and promote the policies of VIES, Employee and EHS policies.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to your Department Manager or a EHS committee member immediately.
- Always utilize correct PPE and required equipment as per VIES policies.
Education and/or Experience:
High School/GED diploma (U.S.) Education requirements may be reduced if related work experience is two years or greater.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Varel International Energy Services.
International Energy Services participates in the E-Verify program. All
positions are subject to a criminal background check. |
- 1625 W Crosby Rd, Carrollton, TX 75006, USA