Field Engineer - Varel Oil & Gas Drill Bits
Varel Oil & Gas Drill Bits manufactures and services application specific roller cone and fixed cutter drill bits. Our proprietary design capabilities, efficient manufacturing, and global sales force uniquely position us to provide reliable drilling and completion solutions faster than anyone else. We are a customer focused company with an innovative team conducting business in a responsible manner with a passion to win.
Summary: Serve as the focal point between sales and PDC and Roller Cone Bit engineering to evaluate and prioritize product requirements which yield best of class performance to grow our product sales in line with company goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes test plans in accordance with product development. Responsible to order test bits and determine best fit for test.
- Works with Product Manager to phase in / out product depending on development and obsolescence.
- Works closely with the Regional Manager, Product Engineering and Sales to: (1)
Establish performance benchmarks of Varel versus competitor products. Establishes engineering product priorities and target markets, (2) determine product requirements, improvements or modifications and implement as necessary.
- Complete Product Development Requests, Field Run Reports and maintain scorecards in a timely and effective manner.
- Trouble-shoot technical problems and issues and determine solutions in accordance with customer expectations.
- Provide engineering and sales with analysis report and recommendation for improvement.
- Keeps abreast of competitor product developments.
- Keeps sales abreast of latest product technology.
- Responsible to support the accumulation of drilling reports and bit records to populate Varel’s bit record system.
- Responsible to generate and distribute product bulletins as necessary.
- Must work closely with customer in-house drill bit authority.
- Maintain effective communication flow with other field engineers.
- Actively follows all company and customer safety requirements, rules, and regulations.
- Follow and promote the policies of VIES, Employee and EHS policies.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to your Department Manager or a EHS committee member immediately.
- Always utilize correct PPE and required equipment as per VIES policies
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Geology, or Oil and Gas Technologies.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Varel International Energy Services.
International Energy Services participates in the E-Verify program. All
positions are subject to a criminal background check. |
- Odessa, TX, USA