Director Global Human Resources - Varel International Energy Services
Summary: The Director of Global HR partners is responsible for strategic human resource planning to provide the organization with the best people talent available and to position the organization as the employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the industry. This role is responsible for the directing all the people functions of the organization in accordance with the policies and practices of Varel International, the ethical and social consciences of business and society, and the laws. Additionally, the Director of Global HR reports to the President. He /She works strategically with the president and all members of the executive team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with the President of the Company to strategically develop and plan HR initiatives to be in line with the overall corporate plans.
- Responsible for ensuring successful implementation of corporate initiatives and processes which may require balancing corporate goals with business unit or regional practices, goals and objectives.
- At the corporate HR level ensures that the business unit’s needs and challenges are represented and considered (ensuring that HR is directionally in step with the business unit’s strategy).
- Lead and guide the global HR team by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and benefits globally
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective for the firm.
- Accountable for staying within budget for global human resources business partnering team.
- Leads implementation of strategic workforce planning.
- Leads full scope of Human Resources functions including professional relations, compensation, employee engagement, training, organizational development and communications.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Work with the executives to establish a robust plan for succession planning
- Contributing to the continuous improvements of HR practices, processes and data management.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs, strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Lead and/or oversee key HR initiatives Globally
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA or a master’s degree is strongly preferred.
15+ years of HR experience, with at least five years of senior leaderships HR experience and at least five years of international HR experience.
- Minimum 7 years at the management level with experience encompassing recruiting/employment, employee relations, compensation, performance management, training, employee development.
- Prior experience working with global teams and having global responsibilities.
Must be a strategic and results-oriented leader, have a strong business orientation and be able to react quickly and effectively to changing situations.
- Fluent in English (Bilingual strongly preferred)
- Effective written and verbal communicator, in both one-to-one and group discussions.
- Travel as needed to successfully implement strategic HR initiatives. Approximately 25-30% with some Internationally
Thank you for your interest in a career with Varel International Energy Services.
Varel International Energy Services participates in the E-Verify program. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
- 4730 Consulate Plaza Dr #190, Houston, TX 77032, USA