EHS Manager - Varel International Energy Services
Summary: Responsible for VIES’ various Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) initiatives, programs and compliance. Maintain and build upon the organization's safety programs with the goal of minimizing risk, injury and loss.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads the efforts for the development of the strategy, policies and objectives for the various EHS programs.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental, health and safety governing agencies and maintains a current working knowledge of EHS regulations and laws.
- Provides technical expertise and support for all of VIES’ various facilities and departments on regulatory compliance issues in Safety and Environmental Health.
- Ensures all necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines.
- Monitors the removal of physical, biological and chemical hazards.
- Develops, implements, and manages safety programs, records and employee training on safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Participates in accident investigations, performs root cause analysis for all injuries and “near misses,” trains supervisors to conduct thorough investigations.
- Manages the participation in all required environment, health and safety inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures.
- Follow and promote the policies of VIES, Employee and EHS policies.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to your Department Manager or a EHS committee member immediately.
- Always utilize correct PPE and required equipment as per VIES policies.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience; or Master’s Degree in a Physical Science, Biological Science, Environmental Science/Engineering, Occupational Safety, Industrial Technology or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Varel International Energy Services.
Varel International Energy Services participates in the E-Verify program. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
- Travel Required Yes
- 4730 Consulate Plaza Dr #190, Houston, TX 77032, USA