Assists with all accounting functions for The Workforce Programs including preparing program billings, budgets and financial analysis; assist with ensuring compliance with funder requirements, GAAP, regulations and agency policies; assists with external auditors; analyzes data to support program efficiency and effectiveness.
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
* Public accounting or non-profit experience with knowledge in GAAP, A-122, and A-133 regulations preferred.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
* Must be well-organized to meet scheduled deadlines and have the ability to learn quickly with excellent documentation and monitoring skills.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with persons across all disciplines.
* Must have excellent analytical skills and attention to detail is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prepares monthly invoices for funders on a timely basis ensuring accuracy.
* Communicates with funders on a regular basis in regards to invoicing, budgeting, reporting and compliance to ensure an attentive, cohesive relationship with funders.
* Codes invoices to ensure the proper charging to assigned funding sources to ensure the integrity of the data.
* Monitors expenditures against budget for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy of reported information, availability of funds and compliance.
* Provides all financial support for assigned programs to ensure effective and efficient use of funds.
* Prepares audit work papers and works with auditors to ensure an efficient audit. Maintains proper document filing and record retention.
* Works with Financial staff to suggest changes to current processes to maximize efficiency.
* Develops written processes for all responsibilities to ensure consistency.
* Ensures accuracy and validity of data on a regular basis.
* Models excellence and encourages others to excel by sharing information and knowledge and maintains a professional image in appearance and actions.
OTHER JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Other duties as assigned
* Financial acumen
* Attention to Detail
* Communication skills
* Decision making
* Planning and organizing
* Problem analysis and resolution
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. It requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Travel and work outside of normal hours may be required for meetings, presentations, trainings and other events.
This position does not supervise any position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Cleveland, OH, USA