Public Health / Nutrition Internship
As a Mobile Pantry Intern, you will be working with the Advancement team,
other interns, community volunteers, the Greater Cleveland Food Bank and other
community partners at our free outdoor produce markets. These markets are held
at seven of The Centers locations throughout Greater Cleveland. This internship
position reports to the Director of Food Services.
Must have completed at least one year of college majoring in Event Planning,
Marketing, Communications, Public Health, Human Services, Volunteer Management,
Food Service Management or related fields.
Possesses good coordination/planning skills, creative ability, strong multi-tasking
skills, self-initiative and multicultural sensitivity.
- Must work effectively and professionally with diverse groups, all levels of staff and the public.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills.
Ability to lift heavy items while assisting with set up and tear down of each Mobile
Pantry Access to vehicle or reliable transportation to and from each site.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist with planning and promotion of 28 Mobile Pantries through the months of June,
July, and August.
- Manage the distribution of free healthy food to our clients and the surrounding community.
- Help with set up and tear down of markets.
- Create ways to promote markets to clients and staff.
- Work with community partners to organize food demonstrations.
Accurately track data for each market and submit to the Greater Cleveland Food Bank portal
- Research and network with community partners willing to accept leftover produce.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Support and mentoring from supervisor and other coordinators.
- On-site orientation.
- Free parking.
M-F 15-20 hours per week, flexible hours, non-paid.
*Must be available every Tuesday and Thursday in June, July, and August.
- Mileage reimbursement for travels between Administration Office and other market sites.
- Professional workshops for interns to develop essential career skills.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cleveland, OH, USA