Early Learning Volunteer
Looking for passionate brain builders to join us in impacting children during the critical 1st 2,000 days! At The Centers for Families and Children, we recognize that 90% of the brain is formed before a child even steps into a kindergarten classroom. As part of the Early Learning team, your work with preschoolers will provide life-changing solutions to the children and families we serve.
About The Centers
The Centers for Families and Children is one of the oldest and largest nonprofit human services organization in Northeast Ohio. Through innovation and leadership, we strengthen the community by providing individuals and families with life-changing solutions to lead healthier and more successful lives.
Our Early Learning Centers
The Centers provides high-quality care for children during the critical first 2,000 days of life by operating seven high-quality early learning centers, serving children birth through five years old, in Cleveland and the inner-ring suburbs. Because of our high standards, all sites achieved a 5-Star rating on the Step-Up-To-Quality Rating and been recognized and selected to be part of Universal Prekindergarten (UPK) and PRE4CLE.
What we are looking for:
* Provide on-site tutoring for identified students.
* Work effectively and cooperatively with volunteer coordinator and site staff.
* Implements developmentally appropriate programs and activity plans for identified children.
* Ensures a high level of tutor-child interaction. Initiates and nurtures personalized individual instruction with each child assigned to them.
* Provide timely documentation of volunteer hours and in-kind hours to the volunteer coordinator.
* Provide documentation of activities and outcomes/results to volunteer coordinator and classroom teachers.
* Help maintain exciting well-equipped learning environments to foster exploration.
* Retired elementary school teacher, librarian or literacy coach.
* Experience working with young children preferred.
* College student studying Elementary Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Reading and Literacy or Early Childhood Education.
Time Commitment and Stipend
* 2-hour minimum weekly commitments (Monday-Friday).
* Flexible schedules.
* One-Year Commitment.
* $50 weekly stipend provided for each weekly session completed, up to $200/month.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cleveland, OH, USA