Teaching Assistant 2 - NonCertified Wright House
Position provides instructional services and assists with daily personal care activities to students under general supervision of a licensed / certified teacher or program manager.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide instructional support and intensive behavioral assistance to students who are diagnosed with developmental disabilities including autism.
- Provide assistance with activities of daily living including personal care activities (toileting, showering, etc.) in residential and school setting as needed
- Perform a variety of support activities related to behavior management, classroom instruction, and classroom management.
- Implement learning plans and behavioral support plans.
- Perform a variety of clerical support duties related to maintenance of documentation requirements of various kinds.
- Assist teacher, house manager, and perform duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate an understanding of behaviorally based instructional practices, given support.
- Attend meetings, as required.
- Under the teacher’s/supervisors direction, teach individual or small group lessons in classroom and/or residence.
- Under the teacher’s/supervisors direction, secure provisions and/or make appropriate learning materials.
- Supervise students throughout the day, in all environments.
- Assist teacher/supervisor in relation to his/her team role related to direct support professionals.
- Support team with positive communication strategies.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s degree in Special Education or another related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with persons diagnosed with autism and other developmental disabilities.
- Applicant should be highly organized and able to work collaboratively.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software and e-mail applications, especially Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word; have the aptitude to learn other computer software as necessary.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. independently and assist in lifting weights exceeding 50 lbs.
- Be able to perform all physical interventions.
- Meet the requirements to drive Springbrook vehicles as required.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Job Family SPR
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Associate Degree
- 105 Campus Drive, Oneonta, NY 13820, Oneonta, New York, United States of America