YOUTH SERVICES SPECIALIST II-NATURAL BRIDGE
Natural Bridge Branch
Youth Services Specialist II – Full Time
Monday-Friday, two evenings per week
One Saturday and Sunday per month
Provide quality services for children and teens to promote reading and learning in support of the Library’s mission.
1. Plans, prepares, schedules, and presents programs for youth ages 0-17 in order to support the Library’s mission to offer quality programs for children and teen which promote reading and learning.
2. Supports the manager in being a liaison to childcare providers, homeschoolers, schools and educators to encourage their new and continued use of Library services.
3. Compiles accurate statistics and writes evaluative reports for the branch regarding programming and resources.
4. Provides Readers’ Advisory and Reference service for youth ages 0-17 and their caregivers to assist them in making the best use of the Library Resources.
5. Performs duties as delegated by the Manger to provide support to branch staff.
Two years’ experience planning and implementing youth programs
Muss possess a commitment to a high level of public service to Library customers and staff
Must possess excellent communication and organization skills
Working knowledge of literature for youth ages 0-17
Must possess a valid driver’s license
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Ability to stand for up to 8 hours per shift
Ability to bend to very low shelves or reach to very high shelves when retrieving Library materials
Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
Ability to push a full cart of books or other Library materials
Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
Ability to operate various types of Library equipment
Ability to use a pc, word processing, and e-mail
- Pay Type Salary
- Hiring Rate $33,758.00
- 7606 Natural Bridge Rd, St. Louis, MO 63121, USA