Outside Sales Supervisor- San Diego Zoo Global
Our organization’s vision - we will lead the fight against extinction.
Help us to make a difference for wildlife and begin your adventure with a career at the San Diego Zoo. Join the dedicated crew who are passionate about what they do and strive to create unforgettable experiences for our guests.
Location: Sales/Marketing Department – San Diego Zoo Global
Duration: - Year round
Positions available: 1
Exempt position-Regular with Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience
The Sales Supervisor will assist in managing the Outside Sales team while generating attendance and revenue by selling a variety of programs and services in the Travel Industry and OTA markets. This position requires facilitating and maintaining current ticket selling programs and generating new ticket selling accounts. Knowledge of attraction ticket, Military, or corporate sales experience is highly beneficial. Selected candidate must be able to travel domestically and internationally. Must have excellent communication skills, the ability to prepare and deliver sales presentations and work effectively with others in a multi-tasked environment. Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is essential. Coursework in marketing, business administration, communications, or a related field is desirable. Experience in a zoo or theme park/attraction is a plus. Bilingual or multi-lingual is desirable. Applicants must be available to work any of the seven days of week, which includes evenings, weekends and some overnight. Hours may vary approximately 40 or more per week. A valid California driver license required.
One of the essential functions of this position is the ability to drive a SDZ Global vehicle. If you are offered employment in this position, you will be asked to authorize SDZ Global to access your current driving report through the DMV’s Employer Pull Notice Program. Your hiring for this position will be contingent on SDZ Global receiving an acceptable driving report from you. In addition, your continued employment in the position will depend on you maintaining an acceptable driving record and ability to travel worldwide with a valid passport. You may obtain a list of conditions that disqualify a person from driving an SDZ Global vehicle from a Human Resources Representative.(Extended 04/26/2019)
Deadline to submit application: Friday, May 17, 2019
**San Diego Zoo Global is a smoke-free workplace**
SAN DIEGO ZOO GLOBAL IS AN EEO/AA/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN EMPLOYER
The Outside Sales Supervisor/Sales performs all job assignments with a positive attitude that supports San Diego Zoo Global’s mission and vision of saving species worldwide by uniting our expertise in animal care and conservation science with our dedication to inspiring passion for nature and leading the fight against extinction. The Outside Sales Supervisor/Sales is responsible for implementing sales programs and meeting Society attendance and revenue goals. This position reports to the Associate Director of Marketing-Sales.
- Supervises assigned staff
- Works with the Associate Director in developing strategies to create attendance and revenue through a variety of sales programs
- Develops and coordinates cooperative sales activities with other industry partners
- Develops and mentors assigned staff
- Negotiates and executes contractual agreements
- Assists Associate Director in developing long-range and short-term goals
- Establishes and implements related policies and procedures
- Monitors assigned budgets
- Assures the development of related collateral and/or web-based materials
- Coordinates activities with affected Society organizations
- Assures compliance with any Society agreements
- Assures effective organizational development and team building
- Adheres to all SDZG and department policies and practices
- Exemplifies the highest standard of work ethics
- Practices the GRRREAT Customer Service Standards
- Develops strategies to create attendance and revenue within assigned area of expertise
- Monitors society sales goals to sales program areas and assures their attainment
- Identifies opportunities and oversees the implementation of sales programs
- Assures programs and projects are in keeping with society goals and other related regulations
- Collaborates with Associate Director to research available group sales opportunities and trends in assigned markets; determines appropriate contacts and assesses customer needs; identifies appropriate sales programs and modifies/develops programs as necessary to maximize sales
- Meets with staff on a regular basis to evaluate workload and progress
Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
Qualifications include considerable experience in theme park or hospitality industry, including management experience; a Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, marketing, business administration, or a related field is desirable; valid California driver license and passport.
- Sales Training
- Networking and Negotiation
- Supervise sales team
- Administer, and monitor budgets
- Implement strategic marketing plans
- Negotiate effectively
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Prepare and make presentations
- Use word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Work effectively with others in a diverse environment
- Travel for extended periods of time both domestically and internationally
Office environment; work at the Zoo or Safari Park when necessary.
Moderate walking and standing; will be required to travel.
Are you ready to start your adventure and put your Passion for Wildlife to work?
- Pay Type Salary
- 1455 Frazee Rd, San Diego, CA 92108, USA