Field Application Scientist
Our products enable the biopharmaceutical industry to be at the forefront in the development and advancement of treatments for serious diseases. Earning sales revenue of more than 1.4 billion in 2017 our people come from over 60 nations at 50 sites in 33 countries.
What you can look forward to accomplishing:
- Identify customer needs and/or problems, and be knowledgeable in all IncuCyte/iQue reagents, kits and assays
- Introduce solutions to needs/problems where appropriate
- Communicate with Service Technicians to ensure IncuCyte/iQue is functioning properly
- Product demonstrations: Help develop detailed experimental plan, expected outcomes and set expectations
- Identify necessary reagents (cell lines, kits, etc.) and make recommendations which fir customers’ needs. Help in assay set up/train relevant lab personnel – biological, instrumentation and software.
- Established/new customers: Conduct onsite and remote trainings of the IncuCyte/iQue instrumentation and software. Provide support as necessary regarding assays they are currently running. Help develop protocols and train on expansion into new application areas where there is interest or need.
- Collect product development feedback from the field
- Identify edits in sales collateral (manuals, application notes, etc.) and product offerings and participate in their revision
- Admin: Log cases and solutions in Salesforce.com on a daily basis, maintain OPEX budget and submit expenses on a monthly basis
Skills and experience that you need to bring to our company:
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, biology or related field
- Masters/Ph.D. preferred but not required if one has at least 2 years of lab experience
- Previous field experience in a similar field application scientist/technical support role OR combination of lab experience with customer support roles, e.g. work in core lab facilities
- Competencies in microscope/image processing, flow cytometry, cell biology, cell culture, ability to understand different areas in cell biology research, e.g. neuroscience, immunology, oncology
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Strong identification with our core values: Sustainability, Openness, Enjoyment
Driving our future growth requires talented people. Sartorius is a dynamic organization suited to people who want to showcase skills, be recognized for expertise and thrive in a vibrant and innovative environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here
- Travel Required Yes
- Denver, CO, USA
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA