Our products enable the biopharmaceutical industry to be at the forefront in the development and advancement of treatments for serious diseases. Earning sales revenue of more than 1.4 billion in 2017 our people come from over 60 nations at 50 sites in 33 countries.
Sales Account Manager, Bioprocess Solutions - Field Based: NY/NJ
What you can look forward to accomplishing
- Achieve annual sales target and fulfill corporate objectives within assigned territory
- Manage and grow an existing sales base within the territory and develop new customers
- Provide initial technical & sales support for new and existing customer inquiries, and as required, engages a range of more specialized in-house technical experts as needed to support these discussions
- Identify key clients aligned with the strategic focus of the company and develop workable action and development plans to maintain existing business and seed future business opportunities
- Meet with customers, make professional presentations, initiate the preparation of proposals, communicate proposals to customers and negotiate with customers to achieve a successful resolution.
- Generate and maintains record within a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to track customer contacts, proposal generation, and customer specific information.
- Ability to grow client business through understanding of the clients business program’s and objectives.
- With minimal supervision, develop and implement plans to sell a broad range of products and services and grow revenues within clearly defined market.
- Present information as required at both customer and internal meetings.
- Manage multiple customer plans toward agreed sales targets.
- Prepare information as needed for customer meetings and discussions with management, including status, tracking and financial reporting.
- Support business initiation process at conferences and meetings as required.
- The position will report directly through Sales but will work closely with a range of internal stakeholder groups including, Marketing, Technical Support, Operations, Legal, Finance, Process Development and other SSB Sales Groups.
- Implement assigned corporate objectives within the territory
- Work with Sales Manager to develop proposals and set pricing for customers
- Provide reports as requested by management & update CRM systems on a daily basis
- Attend review meetings as requested by management to review current project and YTD sales
- Attend trade shows and sales meetings as requested by sales management
- Report sales performance to Sales Manager
- Travel to customer sites on a daily & weekly basis as directed by sales management
- Developing a deep understanding of your customers
- Identification with our company values: SUSTAINABILITY, OPENNESS, ENJOYMENT
Skills and experience that you need to bring to our company
- Bachelor’s Degree with relevant practical experience that demonstrates a strong ability and proven competency to work effectively as an Account Manager within the biopharmaceutical industry
- 3+ years of experience to include:
- Account Management Relevant industry experience working directly with clients (preferably within a GMP or GLP environment)
- Experience with products and processes involved in the cGMP manufacture of Pharmaceuticals/ Biopharmaceuticals
- Experience to include customer presentations and sales negotiations
- A post graduate qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant scientific discipline is desirable but not essential.
- A good understanding of early stage drug development and more specifically experience of working with large molecules and biosimilars is desirable.
- Candidates must possess excellent presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal), in addition to good planning and organization skills.
- The candidate will possess a proven track record for developing productive relationships (internally and externally), effective persuasion abilities, and a demonstrated a strong sales background
- Experience utilizing a CRM is a plus
- Frequent travel >50% of their time
- Some overnight travel required
Driving our future growth requires talented people. Sartorius is a dynamic organization suited to people who want to showcase skills, be recognized for expertise and thrive in a vibrant and innovative environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here
- Travel Required Yes
- New Jersey, USA
- New York, USA