Medical Front Office Lead
Job Summary The Front Office Lead provides leadership and supervision for the front desk/scheduling team. This position carries primary responsibility for maintaining, monitoring and conducting the scheduling and registration of patients for Project HOME's Medical, Behavioral Health and Dental practices. Additionally, the Front Office Lead ensures that other front office responsibilities are carried out which include scanning incoming paperwork, hospitality services (laundry and showers), mailings to patients, receiving packages, etc. The Front Office Lead supports the Practice Manager in training and Quality Assurance efforts.
Essential functions and competencies are as follows:
· Provide supervision and training with a focus on customer service, teamwork, communication and conflict resolution for reception staff.
· Provide coverage for Medical Receptionists, Dental Receptionists and Financial Assistance Specialists
· Ensures accurate patient insurance eligibility checks are performed on a consistent basis.
· Documents patient complaints and follows through the patient complaint process to ensure an excellent customer service experience.
· Ensures that procedures are followed in order to request and collect all appropriate fees at check-in.
· Distributes tokens per the token distribution policy.
· Ensures Front Office Team is providing World Class Customer Service
· The Front Office Lead plays an essential role in helping the practice maintain Patient Centered Medical Home standards.
· Property management:
o Enter work orders in Yardi
o Open offices when staff are locked out
o Monitor completion of cleaning checklists.
· Add, update and terminate alerts
· Support Benefits Counselor with insurance eligibility and sliding fee schedule as needed
· Assist in maintaining a calm atmosphere in waiting area
· Ensure package delivery process is followed
· Ensure that guests arriving at the Wellness Center for non-clinical appointments and meetings sign the visitors’ log then contact the appropriate person in the building. Be attentive to the movement of staff and guests entering and leaving the building.
· Allow clinic access to staff, guests, and patients and identified delivery people only. Log and report any unusual activity.
· Assist in de-escalation efforts when patients or visitors become upset or agitated.
· Perform all other duties as assigned
· A high school diploma or GED.
· 2 years Lead/Supervisor Experience in a Medical setting
· Exemplifies and trains others in offering World Class Customer Service
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office with focus on excel skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
· Prior experience using a Practice Management System required.
· Strong analytical and time management experience
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to work independently and to motivate team.
· Ability to handle stressful situations while providing exceptional customer service.
· Prior experience delivering services to persons with histories of homelessness, mental illness, substance dependence, and trauma would be helpful.
· Excellent communication skills including diplomacy and tact with patients.
· Ability to display non-judgmental attitude.
· Ability to remain solution-focused and respectful in all interactions with staff, co- workers, vendors, and clients.
· Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
· Ability to work in an atmosphere where people may be hostile or abusive.
· Knowledge of de-escalation methods or willing to be trained in these methods.
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Salary
- 2144 Cecil B. Moore Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19121, USA