Kairos, 1515, and 1523 consolidated Residential Services Coordinator
Philadelphia, PA, USA Req #154
Friday, March 15, 2019
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Build relationships and foster a sense of community for 1515 and 1523 residents.
- Along with the residents and supports, design and implement person centered recovery plans in the areas of recovery, healthcare, money management, education, and employment which encompass short and long-term goals, action plans, and means for evaluation and revision.
- Assist residents with coordination of benefits and resources
- Refer residents to BenePhilly and work in partnership with them to file for benefits or resolving any issues through DPW, SSA, and unemployment.
- Refer residents to Employment Services and partner with Employment Services on residents’ employment goals.
- Assist residents in coordination of their team supports, including TCM teams and PRS.
- Assist residents with medical and psychiatric referrals and communication as needed.
- Support resident through the completion of housing recertification process.
- Maintain case records and reports, as required in a timely and thorough manner
including case notes, quarterly recovery plans, and assessments as required.
- Meet as scheduled with the following people:
- Participate in staff & resident meetings and special committees.
- Meet weekly in supervision with Program Manager and attend team meetings.
- Participate in trainings and continuing education opportunities.
- Facilitate weekly Wellness Self-Management group and monthly individual sessions with residents and participate in activities as needed.
- Utilize critical time intervention best practice with all chronically homeless incoming residents and others as needed.
- Complete all admission and discharge paperwork. Orient new residents to residential sites and neighborhood using orientation process.
- Alternate on call with other residential staff for emergencies.
- Work with residents and supports through crises, assessing the situation and making needed plans/interventions. Become familiar with all emergency procedures.
- Medication monitoring responsibilities.
- Support residents with activities of daily living and
conduct weekly room inspections.
- BA/BS Degree
- Experience working with mentally ill/dually diagnosed clients and/or homeless population
- Good verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with teams
- Exhibit strong computer/technology literacy
- Valid PA driver's license
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, youth, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization. Join us! Project HOME has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all staff and applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, hiring selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, associate programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Philadelphia, PA, USA