Idlewild - Full Time Electrician
We are currently searching for a Full Time Year Round and Benefited (Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, etc.), Electrician. The ideal candidate must possess the knowledge, skills and expertise of electrical maintenance. Other duties will be supporting the general trades (carpentry, plumbing and mechanical maintenance) along with being open to helping all departments as directed throughout the year.
SKILLS, QUALITIFCATIONS, REQUIREMENTS:
Three years of progressively responsible electrical experience and/or completion of an approved technical training program in electrical repair and maintenance along with the equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
E2 license is desirable, but not required.
Must be able to understand and repair high voltage circuits, transformers and switches.
Must be able to understand and/or repair phone and fiber systems.
Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to work in all environments indoors and outdoors including small/cramped areas. The position requires physical activity: walking, climbing, and lifting approximately 60 pounds along with the ability to sustain oneself at heights greater than 10 feet.
- Ability to use power and hand tools associated to daily job tasks.
- Ability to read, write and communicate the English language.
- Capable of taking and passing various certifications/examinations (CPO, pesticide certifications and Pennsylvania Rides Certification).
- Must be able to maintain an excellent attendance record.
- This year-round/benefited position comes with increased summer work hours (April – September) and the candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must commit to the daily behaviors at work that guarantee you are an individual of good character and integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conducts daily safety inspections and complete proper clerical duties.
Install, maintain, service and repair the following: electrical systems of major rides & attractions, food & beverage equipment, revenue generating equipment (games), sound and stage equipment/special effects, video surveillance systems (CCTV), buildings’ and grounds’ electrical systems, equipment and fixtures.
Operate and maintain portions of the phone and fiber system, including installation and termination of all associated cables.
Apply the knowledge, skills, and experience in power distribution, installation and repair of electrical systems from incoming to the end-user.
Read wiring diagrams, blueprints, paperwork associated to rides, games and attractions.
- Review off-season tasks while creating a bill of materials for each task.
- Assist other Team Members within the Facilities Maintenance Department while making personal commitments to achieving agreed upon outcomes.
- Assist in housekeeping while keeping your workplace and the park clean and safe.
- Comply with all company safety regulations.
- Utilize effective communication while solving problems by getting the best ideas on the table.
- Job Family MAINTENANCE
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- Job Start Date Tuesday, May 14, 2019
- Ligonier, PA, USA, Ligonier, Pennsylvania, United States of America