Be a part of the OTG
Award Winning Team!
We are looking for a Barista to help run our world-class dining
experiences inside (LGA) LaGuardia Airport.
OTG is a hospitality group that
is transforming the airport travel experience for millions of travelers every
year. OTG combines world-class hospitality and award-winning cuisine with innovative
design and state-of-the-art technology. OTG’s restaurant concepts are
complemented by the company’s tablet experience, which was the first of its
kind in the industry.
Since 1996, OTG has been redefining the guest experience in airports,
transforming the way passengers interact with the terminal. The company is
currently one of the leading airport food and beverage operators in North
America with more than 350 restaurants and retail locations across 10
For more information, visit OTGexp.com or follow
OTG on Instagram or Twitter at @OTGexp.com
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The World Bean Barista has a critical role to play in our company's groundbreaking transformation of the airport experience. At OTG, we view travel as a lifestyle, and our mission is to treat the airport itself as a destination. By combining great food, world-class beverage programs, cutting edge design and state-of-the-art technology, OTG is delivering a traveler's oasis, a place within the airport where the pressures of the day soon recede.
As a World Bean Barista, you will be our front line, the point of contact between our guests and the full OTG experience. Here's your opportunity to learn the very best hospitality skills, earn a great income, and build a career in a vibrant team-oriented environment, while meeting people on-the-go from all points on the globe.
The World Bean Barista must possess strong interpersonal skills, a sunny disposition, and a positive outlook, all the while adhering to the OTG Core Steps of Service. They must be detail oriented, logical, and be able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Greet guests quickly and pleasantly, with a smile
- Respond to all guest questions, orders, and concerns
- Prepare beverages per World Bean specifications
- Maintain superior coffee knowledge that can be communicated to guests
- Follow OTG cash handling and cash register policies and procedures
- Sample coffee and tea every shift to maintain quality and improve product knowledge
- Assist in the training and development of new employees
- Restock and maintain food, beverage, and merchandise displays
- Educate guests and staff on the nuances of making superior filter and espresso coffee
- Keep a spotless working environment and a clean and well-groomed appearance
- Attend training sessions to advance product knowledge and coffee making skills
- Communicate any product run-outs, equipment issues, or quality of service problems to the MOD immediately
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Fully conversational in English
- Able to lift 35 lbs. in weight
- Must be mobile and able to stand for extended periods, to stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Must be available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and bad weather conditions- must be flexible
- Must be generally proficient with computers, with the ability to process information through the POS system
- Adherence to safety and food handling procedures is expected
- Adherence to local, state, and federal health and sanitation laws is expected
- Must be able to operate kitchen equipment, including espresso machines and grinders, coffee brewers, stoves, etc.
- Someone who enjoys working with others
OTG Management LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All
applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
- Pay Type Hourly