Postdoctoral Associate, Organic Synthesis
MRIGlobal, an independent research and development organization, delivers solutions in global health, national security and defense, and energy and the environment. The organization perform scientific research, advanced engineering, and program integration and management for clients in industry, government, and academia. Established in 1944 as Midwest Research Institute, MRIGlobal is based in Kansas City, Mo., and operates in nine states and Washington, D.C. MRIGlobal employs more than 500 and manages 2,600-plus workers through management and operations programs with various clients.
Postdoctoral Associate - Organic Synthesis
The Postdoctoral program at MRIGlobal is committed to providing an enriching environment for scientists to use science and technology to create solutions for a safer, healthier, more sustainable world. This position will involve the design and development of novel, bioactive small molecules. The Postdoc will be encouraged to attend and present at scientific conferences and publish results.
- Design and develop small molecule drug candidates for preclinical and clinical studies
- Perform synthetic chemistry operations including activities such as parallel synthesis for the development of route optimization, and pre-formulation investigations
- Literature review
- Thorough research documentation and record keeping
- Ph.D at the time of appointment
- Documentation of achievements through publications, presentations, and a research summary
- Candidates must demonstrate an expert understanding of organic reaction mechanism and be up to date with contemporary synthetic methods, including the synthesis, purification, and characterization of chemical compounds on small and medium scale
- Functions well within multidisciplinary teams, and possesses outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ph.D. in organic synthesis or medicinal chemistry
- Technical instrumentation skills
- Experience in HPLC and/or mass spectrometry is preferred, but not required
- Exposure to and understanding of regulatory processes (cGMP)
- Strong scientific track record as evident by published or accepted papers in peer-reviewed journals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, enthusiasm, self-motivation, strong interpersonal skill, and able to interact effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work with limited supervision, in compliance with all MRIGlobal quality and safety requirements
- Willingness to learn and work in a regulated environment (GLP and/or GMP)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, and be well organized, analytical, and flexible to adjust to priorities
- Must be detail oriented
- Possesses excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with technical staff at all levels in a team-based environment
Ph.D. in organic synthetic chemistry, or a related field such as medicinal chemistry.
Specific laboratory access requires citizenship.
- Job Family Active
- Job Function 06-Chemists
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Doctorate
- MRIGlobal, Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America