401 - Research Tech I
We are seeking a full-time research technician in the Division of Signalling and Gene Expression at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (San Diego). Candidate will be working with a team of highly motivated scientists with the opportunity to publish high-profile papers (Chen et al., Nature, 2018; Lio et al., eLife, 2016; Tsagaratou et al., Nat. Immunol., 2016; Scott-Browne et al., Immunity, 2016). The project will involve using molecular biology, immunology, flow cytometry, CRISPR, and next-generation sequencing (RNA-seq, ATAC-seq) techniques to investigate the epigenetic regulation of immune cell function and cancer development in mice. Training and mentoring will be provided for the skills and knowledge involved. This is an excellent opportunity for those who are motivated and eager to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for research and the daily operations of the lab
- Mouse husbandry and animal experiments
- Cell culture and cell manipulation using CRISPR
- Bachelor degree (BS/BA) in biology, molecular biology, or related field
- Organized and able to keep good records
- Knowledge of molecular biology, cell culture, and immunology techniques
- 1 year+ lab experience in academic or industrial settings (strongly preferred)
- Understand and be able to describe previous project(s).
All applicants please submit your resume and a minimum of two references.
- Job Function RT
- Pay Type Salary
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA