Production Tech II-Wall (Laser Operator)
Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the contract furniture company that best understands the contract furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure contract furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
KI, a world-class supplier of innovative and award-winning furniture solutions for business, educational, and healthcare environments is seeking a full-time Production Tech II (Laser Operator) to join our Manitowoc Manufacturing Facility on our 1st shift.
DEPARTMENT: Wall - 1st Shift (Production Tech II - Laser Operator)
- Daily operation of laser to support production requirements
- Conduct daily startup procedures to ensure proper operation of laser and proper setup of auxiliary equipment including tips and lenses
- Create and modify laser programs as required per customer requirements
- Laser gas changes and timely notification to MRO Buyer of gas requirements
- Monitor/maintain appropriate inventory of consumables for laser operation
- Conduct maintenance procedures as required including periodic alignment and cleaning of mirrors and lenses
- CNC programming knowledge preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Desire to learn
- Quality oriented. Must be able to identify and correct quality issues on the shell line
- Ability to follow production schedules to support customer orders
- Problem solver
- Ability to work as a technical resource for the remainder of the Wall Assembly cell
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience on the laser preferred
- Must be able to work weekends
Qualified candidates should have a positive attitude, willingness to learn, be motivated
to attend work regularly, have an interest in personal development/growth, and be able to work well with others in a team setting.
KI offers a competitive benefits package including Education Reimbursement,Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance. In addition, KI offers 401K, a great work atmosphere and a focus on health and wellness. KI is truly an employer of choice in the area for these reasons.
Apply today to express your interest and learn more about KI.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Manitowoc, WI - Manufacturing, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States of America
- Manitowoc, WI 54220, USA