Pittsford, NY 14534, USA Req #88
Monday, May 6, 2019
Founded in 1856, Harris Beach and its subsidiaries provide a full range of legal and professional services for clients across New York state, as well as nationally and internationally. Harris Beach is among the country’s top law firms as ranked by The National Law Journal. Clients include Fortune 100 corporations, privately-held companies, emerging businesses, public sector entities, not-for-profit organizations and individuals. Principal industries Harris Beach represents include education, energy, financial, food and beverage, health care, insurance, manufacturing, medical and life sciences, real estate developers, and state and local governments and authorities. The firm’s more than 200 lawyers practice among offices throughout New York state in Albany, Buffalo, Ithaca, Melville, New York City, Rochester, Saratoga Springs, Syracuse, Uniondale and White Plains, as well as in New Haven, Connecticut and Newark, New Jersey.
Reporting to the Director of Knowledge Services, the Research Attorney will conduct legal, business and other research on behalf of legal staff and clients.
- Performs case law, statutory, and regulatory research and preliminary analysis in an innovative and timely manner for attorneys, clients and staff
- Independently analyzes and synthesizes information from diverse sources to solve problems creatively
- Performs comprehensive, sophisticated business and non-legal research as needed
- Provides educational instruction and support in legal research
- Visits practice offices regularly to provide education instruction and promote efficient use of research tools
- Juris Doctor degree required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in law firm environment preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude for research and analysis
- Well-developed legal research skills
- Experience with a wide variety of electronic resources such as the Internet, Westlaw, and other standard law library applications
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and SharePoint applications
- Regular travel is required
- Military experience a plus
The firm’s policy prohibiting unlawful discrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, placement, assignment of duties, training, promotion, compensation & benefits and termination. It is the policy of Harris Beach PLLC that all applicants and employees enjoy a positive, respectful and productive work environment, free from behavior, actions or language constituting unlawful harassment. Accordingly, harassment or discrimination of any kind based on an individual’s race or color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition, carrier status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, creed, domestic violence victim status or any other legally protected status is strictly prohibited. Harris Beach complies with the provisions of the Human Rights Law, all other State and Federal statutory and constitutional non-discrimination provisions including non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
- Pay Type Salary
- Pittsford, NY 14534, USA