Albany, NY, USA
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Founded in 1856, Harris Beach and its subsidiaries provide a full range of legal and professional services for clients across New York state, as well as nationally and internationally. Harris Beach is among the country’s top law firms as ranked by The National Law Journal. Clients include Fortune 100 corporations, privately-held companies, emerging businesses, public sector entities, not-for-profit organizations and individuals. Principal industries Harris Beach represents include education, energy, financial, food and beverage, health care, insurance, manufacturing, medical and life sciences, real estate developers, and state and local governments and authorities. The firm’s more than 200 lawyers practice among offices throughout New York state in Albany, Buffalo, Ithaca, Melville, New York City, Rochester, Saratoga Springs, Syracuse, Uniondale and White Plains, as well as in New Haven, Connecticut and Newark, New Jersey.
Responsible for developing and organizing attorney billing statements for clients, and supplying billing information to attorneys and clients. Works with legal staff to process attorney bills.
• Research billing statements, compile end-of-the-month reports of all bills processed, and enter data into billing system
• Meet with the attorneys to discuss the billing
• Input and update billing data
• Generate, process, and mail attorney invoices including any billing correspondence requested by attorneys
• Answer client/attorney inquiries regarding invoices and accounts receivable balances
• Contact client by telephone or mail regarding past due balances
• Apply client payments to files
• Other related duties as assigned or requested
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Prefer one year working in a position involving the generation of bills
• PC proficient with experience in Word. Basic Excel required; intermediate skills a plus. Elite system experience a plus.
• Frequent utilization of telephone for communication
• Excellent client/customer service skills and listening skills
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to multi-task
• Ability to work with diverse personalities within various levels of the organization
• Exercises sound independent judgment under minimal direct supervision
• Detail oriented and exhibits initiative in approach to responsibilities
• Ability to manage time efficiently and work independently as well as coordinate with a team
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
• Military experience a plus
The firm’s policy prohibiting unlawful discrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, placement, assignment of duties, training, promotion, compensation & benefits and termination. It is the policy of Harris Beach PLLC that all applicants and employees enjoy a positive, respectful and productive work environment, free from behavior, actions or language constituting unlawful harassment. Accordingly, harassment or discrimination of any kind based on an individual’s race or color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition, carrier status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, creed, domestic violence victim status or any other legally protected status is strictly prohibited. Harris Beach complies with the provisions of the Human Rights Law, all other State and Federal statutory and constitutional non-discrimination provisions including non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.