USA TODAY NETWORK Content Strategy Summer 2019 Internship
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Internship: Strategic Content Development
USA TODAY NETWORK's Strategic Content Development team is looking for an intern to help with creative content development projects - including supporting existing premium and franchise content, ideating and articulating new pitches and reviewing archival content for development into scripted and unscripted entertainment projects.
The Content Development team comprises our premium franchises in both the podcast and experiential space, in addition to working across USA TODAY NETWORK's brands to identify concepts and stories for development into projects across consumable entertainment mediums.
In this role, you’ll develop a key set of skills that range from working within a multinational matrixed media organization to experiencing intra-perennialism as you contribute to a small start-up-like organization within the company. You’ll work side by side with our content creators and business development superstars to help build new worlds for consumers.
The purpose of the internship experience is to provide opportunities where college (undergrad and grad) students can develop, grow and become the next generation of talent for Gannett. This program offers mentoring, networking and real-world experience in a fun, entrepreneurial atmosphere.
As part of our team, you will help support the project-based work for Gannett and USA TODAY NETWORK brands by working closely with the team to execute across a wide variety of projects.
• Support Content Development team with variety of projects, both internal and external
• Assist in development of content audit and pitch pipeline
• Complete an audit of, and categorize, projects to include in project development pipeline
• Provide weekly progress reports to reﬂect progress and relative success of different content development initiatives
• Participate in calls and meetings with internal and external partners, vendors and distributors
• Support planning, creation and execution of presentations and research
• Degree-seeking student currently enrolled at a college or university with a GPA of at least 3.0
• Preferred Majors: Film Studies, Digital/New Media and Communications, Production/Development
• Strong interest in the news, entertainment and media industries
• Well organized, detail oriented, adaptable and flexible
• Ability to multi-task and work well in a team environment
• Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills
• Previous internship experience a plus
• Technical skills required for multiple aspects of the role
• Ideal candidates will possess strong Ofﬁce, PC and Mac skills
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status. Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & TheMuse to learn more about our dynamic
- Job Family Intern
- Job Function General Administration
- Pay Type Hourly
- McLean, VA, USA
- Washington, DC, USA