Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Publishing Services, distributor of the Tennessean is recruiting for a part-time Product Handler. This individual provides distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to our contractors while performing a variety of tasks and responsibilities. This position requires frequent bending, loading and unloading of heavy loads and the ability to left up to 50 lbs. A valid driver’s license is required as is working on nights and weekends. The shift starts at 10:30 PM and the average number of hours per week is between 20 and 24. Starting pay is $12.00 per hour.
- Distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to carriers, haulers, retailers and consumers.
- Unload and load trucks containing various print publications.
- Open the distribution center and prepare for the independent contractor arrival by preparing and distributing specified reports and paperwork.
- Utilize industry-specific software to handle required reporting for center.
- General housekeeping of distribution center.
- Complete required documentation and reports for center as needed.
- Maintain and audit store returns from contractors.
Strong organizational and communication skills required for a fast-paced environment. Good computer skills including Microsoft Office. Good time management skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to push and pull carts loaded with newspapers weighing up to 500 pounds with assistance and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 25 pounds.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Nashville, TN, USA