Director of Business Development (Healthcare)
University of Colorado Medicine (CU Medicine) is dedicated to providing business operations and administrative support to the University of Colorado School of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers and is affiliated with the leading medical institutions in the West. Located adjacent to the Anschutz Medical Campus, one of the largest and most advanced academic medical campuses in the country, CU Medicine offers a variety of administrative, technical and healthcare support career opportunities and serves as a resource for patients and physicians.
We are seeking an innovative Director of Business Development to join our leadership team.
The Director of Business Development reports to the Vice President, Chief Business Development Officer and works closely with leadership of the CU School of Medicine (SOM) to drive the assessment, development and execution of clinical service expansion strategies. The Director will oversee the identification, development and execution of clinical practice ventures, partner affiliations, and network/market expansion. The individual in this position will work closely with the Executive Director, CU Medicine Vice Presidents, Senior Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, CU Medicine Medical Directors, Department Chairs, faculty, and Directors of Finance and Administration.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Partner with departmental/SOM leadership to identify, evaluate, negotiate and establish activities aimed at expanding the market share and reach of the clinical practice (i.e. recruitment/acquisition, joint programs, affiliations, telehealth).
- Lead strategy assessment and manage growth initiatives in partnership with SOM departments and divisions, including collaborative arrangements with affiliate hospitals and other healthcare systems, physician groups, and organizations.
- Manage the strategic and financial valuation of opportunities, inclusive of pro-forma/return on investment analysis, and oversee detailed financial analyses to support various business structures (i.e. professional services agreements, practice affiliations, etc.).
- Lead and manage sophisticated financial valuation modeling to expertly guide organization on strategic investments.
- Collaborate with leadership to create and manage models to recruit/align physician groups with the SOM.
- Work with hospital partners, key SOM providers and SOM department leadership to support efforts aimed at increasing market share throughout the primary and secondary areas.
- Promote collaborative relationships required to work successfully with hospital affiliates, including but not limited to University of Colorado Hospital, UCHealth and Children’s Hospital Colorado.
- Facilitate and oversee negotiation and finalization of applicable contractual agreements to include purchase agreements, leases, professional services agreements and other legal documents.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on real estate opportunities for clinical service sites with support from CU Medicine Property Manager.
- Develop and manage practice outreach activities for adult and child health in partnership with UCHealth and Children’s Hospital Colorado.
- Oversee physician services and practice marketing activities including patient facing and practice websites, advertisements, collateral marketing materials, events, physician relations (Salesforce) and other programs/activities.
- Perform other duties and lead special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a Masters prepared (i.e. MBA, MHA, or comparable degree) strategic business development executive with a minimum of 8 years progressive and relevant experience. Health care experience is required and academic medical center experience is highly preferred. Must have experience working with partnerships and collaborations as well as negotiating transactions in a complex setting. High level competency in valuation methodologies and experience in using market analytics, financial analysis and modeling to support strategic business decisions is essential to success. Must demonstrate a high degree of comfort and confidence working within a matrix organizational structure. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all constituents across a complex organization and to function as a team leader and collaborator is key. The ideal candidate will possess outstanding interpersonal, analytical, and negotiating skills. Requires the ability to build consensus among key stakeholders, including physicians, employees, and leaders within affiliated health systems. Must be flexible and demonstrate responsiveness to adapt decision making with changing situations.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- University of Colorado Medicine, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America