Healthcare Revenue Operations Specialist
The Revenue Operations Specialist will assist, as a “float”, with all processes within Registration, Patient Services, and Revenue Operations as needed and help with specific projects as assigned by management. The individual in this position will fill in for various roles during extended absences or due to increased staffing needs. The SWAT Specialist is expected to apply existing knowledge to quickly learn new processes and procedures and be able to work independently, take initiative and adapt to working within various groups as a solid team-player. The successful candidate will adapt quickly and easily to changes in assignments and is expected to carefully track resolution of all special projects and regularly report status back to management.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Review, prepare and maintain accurate records of all deposits received through cash room. Balance and resolve all discrepancies between payments and receipts. Work with clinics on discrepancies or missing deposits or information. Accurately batch the deposits for posting.
- Apply patient and/or insurance payments to patient accounts. Post denials to patient accounts. Balance payment posting batches and research/resolve when unbalanced. Review and research missing checks, missing EOBs and other posting issues as needed.
- Review and resolve accounts identified in credit balance work files, patient or insurance. Review and resolve all refund request letters from third party and commercial insurance payers. Submit refund requests based on charge corrections or claim data corrections. Track and resolve all recoupment notifications for all payers. Respond to refund requests or recoupment notifications in a timely manner.
- Verify insurance eligibility at the visit and invoice level via internet web sources, phone, fax and other resources. Process registration related rejections and denials in CB to ensure accurate billing of patient accounts. Verify and edit demographic and insurance information.
- Demonstrate ability to perform all duties of a Registration Coordinator including manual registration, data entry, processing of TES edits, Claim Edits and Eligibility workflows.
- Accurately allocate pre-paid payment and issue refunds as appropriate.
- Follow-up on patient calls which may have been initiated with another person.
- Take patient calls and work though to full resolution as well as assist with patient walk-ins, Attorney Requests, and mail as needed.
Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a high volume, fast paced medical billing environment; bachelor’s degree in related field is a plus. Must have experience in handling credit balance accounts and refund requests. Prior experience with other areas of revenue cycle such as payment posting and accounts receivable resolution is highly preferred. Demonstrated understanding and the ability to apply contract language to billing is desired. Strong grasp of basic accounting principles is required. Intermediate PC software experience is essential. Must demonstrate advanced verbal and written communication skills. It is essential that the person filling this role be flexible with not only their assignments but with the hours they work. Various projects may require overtime and the person filling this role should be willing when needed.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- University of Colorado Medicine, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America