Medical Billing & Collections Supervisor
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers. We are seeking a highly motivated Medical Billing & Collections Supervisor to join our leadership team.
The Medical Billing & Collections Supervisor is responsible for direct oversight of day-to-day activities for assigned Accounts Receivable team(s). The individual in this position will monitor workload and processes to ensure timely resolution of outstanding insurance receivables and will review performance standards with each team member to ensure compliance with departmental benchmarks and goals.
The Medical Billing & Collections Supervisor will be expected to:
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly monitoring of outstanding receivables via various systems and reports. Make appropriate changes to address any issues or trends after review with management.
- Research and identify denial trends and collaborate with insurance carriers, Coding Services and other interested parties to resolve issues and reduce impact to the receivables. Document, communicate and provide training on all findings to the department after review with management.
- Monitor individual staff performance to ensure each employee is meeting standards and department goals are being met.
- Perform regular quality assessments for each employee and provide constructive feedback to include action plans for improvement as needed.
- Develop, demonstrate and communicate a complete knowledge of internal systems, CU Medicine processes, reports/databases, and human resource policies, as well as, performance expectations and standards.
- Review and approve charge corrections and write-off requests prior to the posting of these transactions which includes researching CPT, ICD-10, payer specific rejections, correct coding/reimbursement and complicated coding issues as needed.
- Assist in the training of all new employees to ensure knowledge and skills essential for effective job performance are acquired.
- Provide continuous training and education to all staff related to new department policies, changes in coding rules, changes in insurance requirements/regulations, etc.
- Assist AR Manager in hiring activities, evaluating employee performance and disciplinary action/terminations when necessary.
- Serve as the escalation point for issues from the staff and report all issues to the AR Manager in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Requires a high school diploma and 3-5 years’ previous mgmt/supervisory experience in a medical billing environment; bachelor’s degree is preferred. Working knowledge of AMA coding guidelines, government and commercial payer regulations, insurance contract analysis, and denial resolution is essential to success. CPC is preferred. Must have proven leadership ability in the coordination of workflow for a staff of at 10+ personnel in a high volume, complex environment. Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize and delegate multiple tasks is required. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to professionally interact at all levels within the organization and with external partners/contacts is key. Must demonstrate strong PC skills, including spreadsheet, word processing, and database applications. Knowledge of GE Centricity software platform and associated applications including BAR, TES, and PCS is preferred.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- University of Colorado Medicine, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America