Revenue Cycle Support Analyst
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing business operations and administrative support to the University of Colorado School of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers and is affiliated with the leading medical institutions in the West. Located adjacent to the Anschutz Medical Campus, one of the largest and most advanced academic medical campuses in the country, CU Medicine offers a variety of administrative, technical and healthcare support career opportunities and serves as a resource for patients and physicians.
We are seeking 3 highly skilled Revenue Cycle Support Analysts to join our team.
The Revenue Cycle Support Analysts will report to the Liaison Manager and support the Revenue Cycle Liaison team in managing Revenue Services relationships and coordinating the processing, reporting and analysis of key revenue cycle activities. Each Analyst will work with a specific set of School of Medicine Departments (SOM), Free Standing Clinics or other CU Medicine lines of business to provide high quality customer support.
Scope of responsibility includes but is not limited to:
- Provide research support to the Revenue Cycle Liaison team and assigned practices related to A/R management, revenue cycle performance, patient/customer service concerns or complaints and third party requests for information.
- Create, run, and compile reports for the Revenue Cycle Liaison and/or assigned CU Medicine customers.
- Maintain documents of key processes and workflows to maximize the efficiency of the Revenue Cycle Liaisons and promote uniform and standardized communication throughout Revenue Services and with our clients.
- Assist Revenue Cycle Liaisons in completing tasks including, but not limited to: report review and distribution, billing account inquiries, and action items as assigned.
- Collaborate with Revenue Cycle Liaisons to analyze trend information for assigned CU Medicine customers which may require account research and download of data from internal databases; custom query requests; pivot table creation; and KAVart analysis.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the service lines offered by providers in each of the assigned practices in an effort to demonstrate strong knowledge of specialty and business goals.
- Coordinate internal CU Medicine efforts to resolve and update action items as identified in Revenue Cycle Liaison meetings.
- Assist with meeting scheduling and agenda preparation as needed.
- Collaborate across Revenue Services to achieve timely, quality results for assigned CU Medicine customers.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of federal, state, and all third-party insurance policies, practices, and procedures.
- Create an environment of teamwork and mutual respect in all interactions with internal and affiliate partners.
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned
Requires 3-4 years of related experience in large physician group or healthcare system. Must demonstrate a strong knowledge of CPT, HCPS, and ICD-10 diagnoses codes used for billing services provided by physicians, licensed non-physician practitioners, and ancillary staff. Knowledge of medical billing systems (preferably GE) and Electronic Medical Record systems (preferably EPIC) is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Requires advanced proficiency in MS Excel. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to effectively respond to customer needs and expectations. Must maintain a collaborative demeanor and demonstrate an attitude which demonstrates commitment to service and a high level of professionalism. The Liaison Services Support Analyst is expected to perform role with minimal supervision, notice or direction to identify and resolve problems and complete work. Strong teamwork and analytical skills are essential for success.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- University of Colorado Medicine, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America