Outside Sales Trainee
Here at Coastal, when we deliver real and unique value to our customers, we build meaningful, personal relationships that result in the celebration of success for our customers and employees alike!
Our Inside Sales Representative position is the perfect position for someone who desires to make quality personal! Long gone are the days of simple transactions. Our Inside Sales team seeks to provide solutions. You will have the opportunity to build upon your technical knowledge of our products while collaborating with various Coastal team members to support our customers’ every need!
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Consistently provide knowledgeable and friendly customer service to customers.
- Utilize a database to research and identify contractor leads.
- Conduct contractor sales calls, displaying an in-depth knowledge of all products.
- Build strong relationships and demonstrate knowledge of customers’ unique preferences.
- Critical to successful customer relationships is the ability to be a participant in discussions with a customer about their confidential jobs. This participation requires that the customer has complete trust in the sustained confidentiality of that information.
- All customers must be equally confident that they are treated fairly and appropriately relative to their competitors, particularly with job leads and business opportunities originating from or involving Coastal Construction Products’ team members. If our customers feel that their year-end income is enhanced as a result of a strong business relationship with Coastal Construction Products, they will likely remain more loyal customers. This balance of achieving appropriate confidentiality of customer confidences and sharing business opportunities fairly with our customers is a very fine line requiring superior judgment and essential sense of fairness.
- The above responsibilities require a technical expertise that accurately reflects that an individual knows and communicates the properties of products discussed. This includes the products' respective strengths and weaknesses and the appropriate places to use, or more importantly, not use, specific products. Recommended uses of a product not specifically covered by the manufacturer's current literature should be confirmed by the supplier prior to communicating a recommendation to others.
- Have the ability and willingness to assume the duties and tasks of all other employees in your branch including, but not limited to; written documentation items such as sales tickets, quotations, letters etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
There are some established characteristics of the successful employees in this type of job. They are self-motivated team players. They are skilled at communicating, networking and knowing their own limitations. In addition, some very important attributes needed for success in the job (not limited to) are:
- Responsive to customers' needs
- Personally ethical and high integrity
- Fast thinker
- Responsive to the direction and requirements of management
- Support the Coastal vision, both internally & externally
- Effective Communication and listening skills
- Adaptability to change
- Ability to effectively diffuse conflict
- Effective persuasion skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional, collaborative environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Positive attitude
- Task implementer
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 1-2 years’ experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Spanish required
- Has flexibility as to method, priority and timing of job duties.
- Proficient in Windows Microsoft programs (Excel and Power Point).
- Ability and means to travel as needed for training purposes and participation in periodic branch inventories.
- Traditional office setting; requiring sitting, typing, standing, squatting, etc.
- Travel – may be some for training purposes, inventory, etc.
- Physical ability to handle (lifting, pulling and pushing) typical product packaging, from light weight items up to 40 pounds required. May require occasional lifting up to 70-80 pounds with or without equipment.
- Job Family Coastal
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Tucker, GA, USA