Resident Deputy Sheriff (Jewell/Elsie)
Applications are being accepted for Resident Deputy Sheriff - Criminal Division (1.0 FTE) in the Clatsop County Sheriff's Office. This position requires the successful applicant to reside within the Jewell/Elsie community. Duties include performing assigned patrol law enforcement work necessary to maintain public peace and order, to protect life and property, to prevent crime, to apprehend suspected violators of the law, and otherwise to ensure the enforcement of state laws and County ordinances under jurisdiction of the Sheriff's Office.
After 4 years with the Sheriff’s Office, the range for the next two job classifications (Senior Deputy I and II) increases to $4,462.44 to $6,811.82. Incentive: $200/month residency and up to $200/month DPSST certification pay.
1. Willingness to develop a thorough knowledge of principles and methods employed in modern law enforcement and investigation work; applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances; law enforcement equipment, including firearms, vehicles, radios, crime investigation kits and intoxilyzer. Knowledge of specific word processing software utilized within office desirable.
2. Must meet the minimum standards established by Oregon Revised Statutes as a Police Officer as follows:
a) Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and be a citizen of the United States.
b) Must possess a driving record free of violations that relate to ability to learn the awareness, responsiveness and skill necessary to drive police vehicles safely and effectively under on-duty conditions.
3. Must possess a valid State Driver's License at the time of appointment and obtain a valid Oregon Driver's License within thirty days of hiring.
4. DPSST Basic Police Certification or be able to obtain DPSST Basic Police Certification within 18 months of hire.
4. Multilingual, one or more years of college and OSSA Search and Rescue Association Certification desirable.
5. Job duties require the ability to: Deal with individuals and groups with understanding, tact and courtesy; acquire knowledge of law enforcement techniques and procedures, investigative methods, evidence development and preservation, traffic and crowd control methods, patrol procedures; speak and write effectively; develop skill in the use and care of firearms; remain flexible and adapt to changing circumstances, demands and philosophies; and identify a problem or potential problem, secure the necessary relevant information, interpret and analyze the situation, evaluate alternative solutions and render an appropriate judgment of decision, often under stressful circumstances.
How to Apply
Click Apply Now. To download the detailed job description, please visit https://www.co.clatsop.or.us/hr/page/position-descriptions-sheriffs-office
This recruitment closes on Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
Your application must clearly show your qualifications for the position in order to receive further consideration. During any phase of the hiring process, applicants with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodation to assist them to demonstrate their qualification to perform the duties of the job, should inform Human Resources. Prior to hiring, candidates may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
This announcement is generally descriptive of the duties and qualifications for the job. It is not to be construed as an expressed or implied contract.
Clatsop County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
employees in all matters of employment (such as hiring, promotion, transfer, training, layoff, compensation,
fringe benefits and termination) regardless of ethnicity/race, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability,
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $4,201.13
- Max Hiring Rate $5,683.88
- Clatsop County Oregon - Sheriff 027, ASTORIA, Oregon, United States of America