Operations Management Supervisor
Currently CDS is looking for a 3rd Shift Operations Supervisor at our Wharton, NJ location.
The candidate selected for this role will lead a team of warehouse operations personnel as they execute organizational and operational objectives. Some specific areas of responsibility are noted below. Other duties may be assigned as required. Nights and weekends may be required.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of warehouse operations personnel as they carry out daily warehouse functions.
- Ensure that operational resources, including equipment and human talent, are properly allocated in relation to daily needs.
- Serve as a role model to all subordinate staff in the completion of the Company's Safety, Health, Environmental, and Quality Policy objectives.
- Effectively represent the organization to a diverse workforce and nurture a culture of safety and responsibility amongst all subordinate staff.
- Serve as a mentor, leader, and team builder.
- Coordinate the efforts of shipping office and operations personnel to ensure that customer orders are effectively satisfied.
- Liaise between subordinate staff and senior management to ensure organizational goals and objectives are effectively communicated and met.
- Oversee all administrative processes within the distribution center to include generation of shift, labor, and operational reports.
- Ensure that all work in carried out in compliance with all company safety and operational standards.
The selected candidate will meet the following education/experience and skills requirements. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A minimum of three to five years of management experience in a distribution center environment.
- Extensive supply chain process expertise including some manufacturing, inbound receiving, storage, retrieval (full pallets, case pick, layer pick), shipping, transportation, etc.
- Hold an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in business management or logistics.
- Excellent organizational and management skills to include the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and assign responsibilities accordingly.
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills.
- Strong computer and technology skills to include a proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of RF-enabled warehouse technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of material handling challenges.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Tuesday, March 26, 2019
- Breinigsville, PA 18031, USA