Summer Internship - Supply Chain Analyst
Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST INTERNSHIP OVERVIEW
Calumet’s Summer Internship is a 12-week program from May 13, 2019 – August 9, 2019. The selected candidate must be available during the entire 12 weeks.
The intern will assist in Calumet’s Supply Chain/Logistics area by working on analytical and data-driven projects.
The following items are some of the duties and responsibilities that an applicant can expect to have while on the job during the course of this internship:
- Assist in building a rail car queueing model for our Shreveport, LA location
- Develop decision points for directing cars to storage or into the plant
- Assist in developing a forecasting tool to provide real-time updates to customers on expected delivery times and delays
- Other related duties as required
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for this internship position:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university
- Working toward a degree in one of the following areas: – Supply Chain, Operations Management, or a related degree
- Grade point average 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale)
- Willing to make a full-time commitment of 40 hours per week for 12 continuous weeks
- U.S. Citizenship or valid work permit / residency status
INTERNSHIP PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly motivated, dynamic person who has a knack for detail, organization, patience and communication with others and is a problem solver
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and dynamic environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must work well within a team environment
- Excellent-time management/organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative thinker
- Passion for execution
- Highly analytical with desire for solving problems
- Experience in program/project management
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2780 Waterfront Pkwy E Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46214, USA