Channel Marketing Manager
Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
The Finished Lubricants & Chemicals business unit of Calumet Specialty Products is positioning its unique portfolio of premium brands to drive accelerated growth for Calumet Specialty Products downstream. The Manager of Channel Marketing represents an exciting opportunity to lead the implementation of the strategy and growth agenda for the Royal Purple, TruFuel and Bel-Ray brands across the U.S. and select International markets.
The Manager of Channel Marketing will play a key role in facilitating the product portfolio objectives and will be responsible for execution of channel marketing strategies, program development and market execution to help drive delivery of annual EBITDA targets. This role requires partnership across functional teams, including but not limited to brand marketing, consumer/commercial/industrial sales, marketing services, operations, finance, and legal. This role reports to the Director of Channel Marketing.
- Lead in a way that reflects Calumet’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Manage channel development in support of the long-term growth strategy to achieve aggressive 5-year EBITDA goals
- Manage the portfolio annual planning process for consumer, commercial, industrial and engineered fuels channels working in effective collaboration with sales, strategic planning and brand marketing to ensure delivery of targets
- Lead the Management Information, reporting and communications processes to ensure alignment across business unit and corporate functions
- Collaborate with Sales on direction and execution of Key Account line reviews
- Work with the cross functional teams to develop product, co-op, merchandising and promotional strategies
- Effectively collaborate with Brand Manager to achieve positive P&L and drive top and bottom-line metrics
- Drive development and execution of market specific communication plans and new product launches.
- Analyze/report POS, inventory, market share, competitive insights and innovation to marketing & sales management teams
- Track program/promotional effectiveness and recommend changes and improvements as required
- Work closely with the sales team to identify distribution opportunities and manage customer roster in order to maximize sales and profitability via effective mix management
- Manage channel program budgets and timelines with discipline to drive flawless execution, hitting all milestones within budget
- Bachelor’s degree
- Balanced consumer and trade marketing experience. Understands consumer and customer insights and how they relate to effective customer targeting; how to define customer targets and contribute to effective integrated marketing campaigns with relevant customer initiatives that deliver against growth strategies and performance objectives
- Strategic Thinker - demonstrated ability to develop fact-based channel strategies for achieving business goals, to translate business strategies into clear objectives and tactics, and to proactively anticipate future trends or problems, their potential impact, and how to address them with relevant strategies/ tactics
- Team Player – Calumet’s Finished Lubricants and Chemicals division is defining its team culture and a successful candidate will embrace idea that success as a team comes first
- Strong strategic thinking and project management skills; highly organized
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- 2+ years of experience in channel marketing leadership position(s) with direct reports
- Lubricants and chemicals industry experience
- Strong track record of effective partnering and collaboration with cross functional team members
- Ability to effectively brief, lead, and maintain accountability with agency partners
- Ability to oversee and track multiple projects with due dates and varying requirements and priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering results plus the ability to accept high levels of delegated responsibility
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
- Pay Type Salary
- 600, 15021 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77094, USA