Entry Relief Operator
Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
This Entry Level position is for a person with strong mechanical and operator skills. This position supports the day to day operation of the site providing general labor, relief labor and working in training for more senior Operator positions.
- Candidate must be able to identify equipment, determine process flow, turn valves, start and shut down equipment to ensure proper operation of the assigned work area
- Operate mobile and other equipment in a safe manner
- Must communicate effectively with other operators and supervision to ensure proper operations of equipment, maintain safety and ensure environmental compliance
- Actively trains and participates as a member of the Fire Brigade
- Must be able and willing to work at heights, up to approximately 150 feet on a daily basis
- Possesses the ability to work in and/or learn any production and/or product movement position in the plant
- Performs any other tasks as assigned by Supervision/Management
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- 2+ years associate’s or technical degree in Process Technology (PTech), with a refinery or chemical concentration or equivalent combination of education and experience as an operator at a petrochemical plant
- Understands basic refining principles e.g. distillation, exchangers, motors, pumps, valves, piping, etc.
- Exhibits knowledge of safety processes e.g. Lockout/Tag Out, confined space, MSDS, hot work, etc.
- Must complete Basic Operator Training (BOT) with satisfactory test scores, and passing practical exams in a timely manner
- Must train to work at least one job level higher than current position
- Able to work days, nights, weekend hours as required by the job
- Must be willing to respond to call-outs
- Must follow all safety rules and participate in all scheduled training
- Good understanding of computers and various software systems
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Experience in a plant environment
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3333 Midway Ave, Shreveport, LA 71109, USA