Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
The purpose and role of the Inspector is to ensure all fixed equipment is constructed and maintained to all applicable codes, standards, specification and regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to and participate in all local and corporate safety procedures, safe work practices, policies, initiatives including the ability to stop work when unsafe
- Ensure that all fixed equipment is suitable for safe operation at the design conditions through the necessary technical inspections
- Assist in developing Inspection Test Plans that are highly effective and capable of detecting damage mechanisms and so that results can be utilized in RBI Analysis
- Direct and/or perform API Inspections, and mechanical inspections as required by professional and governmental agencies
- Perform limited NDE Inspections to include PT, MT, VT and UTT
- Develop repair recommendations and plans in support of routine maintenance on piping and pressure equipment as well as atmospheric storage tanks in accordance to codes to ensure minimal unscheduled downtime.
- Ensure that each piece of fixed equipment receives the highest degree of inspection and that all repairs and new construction meet all applicable codes, standards and specifications for safe and designated performance.
- Analyze thickness data in UltraPipe and RBI data in support of Calumet San Antonio maintenance requirements for both turnarounds and routine maintenance
- Maintain required reporting and inspection metrics/KPI’s and inspection documentation and records
- Responsible for creating and tracking work orders and notifications in company business system and planning inspection outages or major repair work
- Ability to work with other in a team environment
- Supervise contract inspections and test services
- Maintain personal and company goals regarding safety and volunteerism
- Must be able to work extended hours during turnarounds and equipment repairs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree in Engineering or Technology
- 10+ years of petroleum or petrochemical inspection experience or equivalent combination of education and experiences
- Must possess API 510, 570, 653 and either AWS-CWI or Level II Visual Testing certifications
- Welding experience
- Ability to climb to high levels and enter small confined areas for extended periods of time
- Ability to interpret and read P&IDs, piping ISO drawing and design drawings
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Excellent computer skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
- Pay Type Salary
- San Antonio, TX, USA