Sr. Project Engineer
Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
This position will perform engineering project assignments with an emphasis on process improvements including design and upgrade of existing facilities. The senior project engineer will plan, execute, and finalize projects, meeting the deadlines and within budget guidelines. This includes acquiring resources, working with team members, and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility
- Perform, direct or coordinate the required engineering, cost estimate preparation, and drafting associated with projects. This includes development of PFD, P&IDS, equipment selection and sizing, specification development in accordance with company engineering standards and good engineering practice
- Prepare bid packages and equipment inquiries and leads evaluation and selection process
- Control expenditures within limitations of project budget
- Prepare interim and completion project reports
- Assign project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project, such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and testing, in accordance with engineering disciplines of staff
- Review design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems
- Direct all activities associated with project implementation and successful completion
- Responsible for technical direction of other project or process engineers
- Direct draftsmen with project drawing requirements
- Perform safety audits and safety evaluations of contractors and plant personnel
- Perform supervisory responsibilities if needed
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) Engineering required; Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical
- 7+ years of project management experience in a refinery or chemical plant setting
- Extensive technical knowledge of process and project engineering
- Ability to design equipment and systems
- Ability to assess, project and review overall project costs
- Experience with soliciting, preparing and evaluating bids for projects and project component.
- Possess excellent safety record and experience with safety training, planning and troubleshooting
- Experience at leading and operating both independently and within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Progressive project management experience
- General business, accounting and financial skills
- Experience with MS Project, Word, Excel and Access
- Strong written and oral communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
- Pay Type Salary
- Princeton, LA 71067, USA