2019 BBNC Training Without Walls Program - SHAREHOLDER ONLY
2019 BBNC Training Without Walls Program Application- SHAREHOLDER ONLY
Training Without Walls (TWOW) is BBNC’s management and leadership development program created to help develop and retain leaders with a commitment to the advancement of the Native community.
TWOW is a two year program consisting of two-day sessions held three times per year. Course topics include:
Session #1 - Increasing Leader Effectiveness
Session #2 – Ethics, Employee Engagement and Performance Management
Session #3 – Time & Stress Management and Organizational Change
Session #4 – Presentation Skills, Persuasion Strategies and Negotiation Tactics
Session #5 - Legal Aspects of Management
Session #6 - Board of Director Training and Large Group Meeting Management
- Networking opportunity with other participants in the program and with leaders from Bristol Bay and the Native community
- Learn leadership skills that will assist you to advance in your career or to acquire board and council leadership positions
- Receive six college credits and professional education
- Receive mentoring and coaching from experienced leaders
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following criteria
BBNC shareholders, shareholder spouses, or descendants of BBNC shareholders
- Bachelor’s degree and five years work experience OR ten years work experience with upward progression
- Currently employed and working in management or are on a management track
- 25+ years of age
- Show an interest and commitment to the program
Deadline: The completed application packet must be received by Friday April 12, 2019 by 5 p.m. Alaska time and include the following documents:
Application and current resume – Please fill out the online application and attach your resume by selecting “Apply Now” at the bottom of the page
Include three references on the online application
Answer the following application essay questions:
Why are you interested in participating in the TWOW Program?
Why are you a good candidate to participate in the TWOW program?
What are your leadership and managerial skills that would make you successful in participating and completing the TWOW program?
What do you consider to be your most important accomplishments to date? Why?
What current / past leadership roles have you held? What is the most significant lesson you’ve learned from them?
What are your most important volunteer experiences to date?
Pick an issue that interests you. What contribution do you want to make to it? What solutions do you have to resolve the issue?
Application submission: Once you have completed the online application, submit responses to essay questions to:
Shareholder Development Manager
Email: email@example.com – Electronic submissions are preferred
111 West 16th Avenue, Suite 400
Anchorage, AK 99501
- Pay Type Hourly