Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Jewish Community Services (JCS) is a comprehensive human service agency that provides a broad range of services that meet the diverse, multi-dimensional needs of individuals and families throughout Central Maryland. Join our team of professionals as we work to create a community in which every person is able to achieve his or her highest quality of life and well-being.
Jewish Community Services (JCS) is seeking a part-time (up to 20 hrs/wk) Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for our outpatient mental health center.
With the clinical oversight of the Medical Director and the administrative oversight of the Clinical Director, the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner provides excellent psychiatric services (evaluations, medication management, and psychotherapy, as appropriate) to agency clients in accordance with the agency’s Total Performance Management (TPM) guidelines. Coordinates services with other treatment providers, as necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts psychiatric evaluations and medication management with children, adolescents and adults
- Familiarity with and/or sensitivity to Jewish identity (including its religious, ethical, cultural and social values)
- Licensed as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) in the state of Maryland
- Advanced Practice Degree in Nursing with a specialization in psychiatry (must maintain independent licensure as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner with all necessary professional certifications to enable the writing of prescriptions and dispensing of medication).
- At least 2 years’ experience working with children, adolescents, and adults
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program (with a specialization in Psychiatry)
JCS offers part-time (18.75+ hrs/wk) benefit eligible employees the following benefits: dental, vision, company paid Life and AD&D, short term disability, 401K plan with employer match, and free JCC membership (taxes apply).
- Job Family JCS
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Doctorate
- 5750 Park Heights Ave, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA