Jewish Community Services (JCS) is a comprehensive human service agency that provides a broad range of services that meet the diverse, multi-dimensional needs of individuals and families throughout Central Maryland. Join our team of professionals as we work to create a community in which every person is able to achieve his or her highest quality of life and well-being.
Medical Director/Psychiatrist Job Summary:
Jewish Community Services (JCS) is seeking a Medical Director/Psychiatrist to work part-time (20-30 hrs/wk) in our Park Heights office. With the oversight of the Director of Mental Health Services and through clinical review and consultation with external psychiatric professionals, the Medical Director/Psychiatrist provides medical consultation to agency medication providers and direction to mental health and substance abuse services; provides psychiatric care (evaluations, medication management and psychotherapy as appropriate) to agency clients in in accordance with Total Performance Management (TPM) guidelines. The Medical Director/Psychiatrist also coordinates services with other treatment providers as necessary.
Medical Director/Psychiatrist responsibilities include:
• Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with clients
• Demonstrates a current and in-depth understanding of psychopathology, psychopharmacology and somatic health issues
• Provides medical oversight and administrative direction to subordinate medical staff. Reviews appropriate paperwork for documentation of clinical services and medical assessments.
• Supervises and directs the medical aspects of treatments and assures that medical care meets quality assurance standards
• Completes all relevant clinical documentation including evaluations, client contacts, prescriptions and treatment plans in a timely manner and in accordance with Agency and professional standards using the Agency’s electronic medical record system.
• Provides individualized medication management services based on clinical assessment
• Orders diagnostic studies as applicable
• Acts as physician member of a multi-disciplinary patient care team
• Confers with staff and patients and their families regarding diagnosis and treatment
• Recommends hospitalization or other indicated services
• Makes referrals to specialists as appropriate
• Uses consultation to identify clinical issues and identifies learning needs and growth areas
Medical Director/Psychiatrist benefits:
• Health (30 hrs/wk)
• Dental and Vision
• Vacation and Sick Leave
• Retirement matching
• And much more!
Medical Director/Psychiatrist Requirements:
• Maryland Licensure
• Board eligible or Board certified in Psychiatry; child experience a plus
• DEA certification
• Liability Insurance
Cover letters can be sent to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer