Direct Support Counselor - Supported Living
Jewish Community Services (JCS) is a comprehensive human service agency that provides a broad range of services that meet the diverse, multi-dimensional needs of individuals and families throughout Central Maryland. Join our team of professionals as we work to create a community in which every person is able to achieve his or her highest quality of life and well-being.
Jewish Community Services (JCS) currently serves individuals with developmental disabilities in our Supported Living Programs that are in need of compassionate and caring Direct Support Counselors. This position involves working with individuals who are residing independently, with a roommate/caregiver or with their families. Staff are responsible for assisting with daily living skills, participating in community outings and social interactions, and cooperating with the individual’s family or caregiver. Staff needs to be reliable as well as dependable.
Responsibilities include providing personal care including housekeeping; lifting, transferring, bathing, administrating medication, meal preparations, and performing general house hold duties as well as community integration (i.e. transporting individuals to doctor appointments, grocery shopping, and recreational activities).
• Minimum of 21 years old
• Current MD driver’s license
• Acceptable driving record and 3 years driving experience
• Must have access to your own vehicle with valid insurance (may be required to use your own vehicle to transport individuals as needed)
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• CPR & First Aid
• 1-year experience
• Sensitivity to Jewish Culture
• A valid Certified Medication Technician (CMT) certification, verifiable through MBON and/or from Dimensional Health Care Associates, Inc
• CNA/GNA License
• DDA Trainings such as: BPS, OSHA, etc.
*Preference to candidates with required DDA trainings
What do we have to offer?
• Health (plus other benefits) offered at 30+ hrs/wk
• Vision and Dental offered at 20+ hrs/wk
• 401(k) retirement plan (with employer match!) offered at 20+ hrs/wk
• Vacation leave offered at 20+ hrs/wk
• Sick leave offered at 12+hrs/wk
• CPR & First Aid
• Paid training
• Free JCC Membership (taxes apply) offered at 20+ hrs/wk
- Job Family JCS
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $11.40
- Max Hiring Rate $12.80
- Travel Required Yes
- Telecommute % 0
- Required Education High School
- 5750 Park Heights Ave, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA