Peak Adventures - Front Desk Customer Service Associate
Under the direct supervision of the Peak Adventures Sales and Outreach Specialist, the Customer Service Associate will work to ensure that Peak Adventures offers professional, efficient, accurate and friendly customer service via phone, in person and through email. All front desk employees act as Peak Adventures' ambassadors to the community and set the tone for the entire organization. The Customer Service Associate manages multiple point of sale and service tasks in a fast moving dynamic environment. This position will also collaborate and support other Peak Adventures staff as it pertains to the various areas of operations, such as equipment rentals, marketing, and program logistics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist customers with rental equipment, retail sales, bike maintenance drop-off/pick-up, summer camp inquiries, manage incoming and outgoing phone calls, program registration, data entry, and miscellaneous customer service support.
• Operates the P.O.S system, processing sales, exchanges, refunds, report printing and cash register/receipt reconciliation.
• Remains informed on all services in order to help customers feel at ease and eager to utilize services and programs.
• Ensure that office supply needs are being met (photo copies, mailings, purchase of supplies).
• Communicate with the Outdoor Adventure Manager regarding rental equipment issues and maintenance needs.
• Help ensure that equipment is available, reserved, and in working order.
• Assist the Outreach and Sales Specialist with promotional booths, classroom visits, and general marketing outreach.
• Keep front desk and staff lounge areas neat and organized.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, students, employees and public
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Excellent attention to detail
• Must meet Sacramento State student assistant eligibility requirements as student assistant
• Knowledge of windows-based personal computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to lift and move up to 30 pounds
• Is interested in outdoor recreation
• Former work experience in sales or retail
• General knowledge of outdoor programming and equipment
• Proficient in basic P.O.S. accounting procedures
• Experience with cash handling
Pay: $12 - $12.24
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $12.00
- Max Hiring Rate $12.24
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA